Wednesday 18 March 2015

Day 56

Last night we were both exhausted so we stayed in and watched Arsenal play Monaco in the second leg of the champions league quarter finals. We needed to win by 3 clear goals. I predicted a 2-0 win and to go out on away goals, Harry predicted a comfortable 3-0 win at least and that we would ease into the next round. We had a little R10 bet, it was a bet I'd be happy to lose as I'd rather we went through instead of winning 50p. As predicted we won 2-0 and went out. It was disappointing and Harry decided to drown his sorrows with nearly a whole bottle of Baileys. 

We both didn't go to bed till late and with an early start it was very difficult to get up. I can't wait for the weekend to catch up on some sleep. Harry woke up feeling slightly fragile, probably wasn't the best idea to go into a crèche and play games with a hangover, but credit to him he got on with it and forced out a smile to make sure the children had a good time. We were at Silvertree crèche today, we decided that as it was a new crèche and with Harry not at his best we would keep to our normal routine and then over the next 2 weeks we can work on something more advanced if it was appropriate. We had 2 classes both did the movement activity which they both really got into and enjoyed. We then did the passing of the ball around the circle and our rolling of the ball game. Again both went down well. Our 2nd group mid way through the session broke into song and we had a good 5-10 minutes of them singing various crèche songs. It was great to see and it was a shame we had to stop them and get on with what we had planned. At the end we asked if they would sing us 1 more song, they sang about 4, it was great, so much energy and big smiles from the kids, teachers and us. I caught a few on video that I need to transfer over. We ended the session with our usual high 5s but as they were leaving we were mobbed and hugged by most of them as well. It was such a nice crèche and it's moments like today that make me greatful for the opportunity I've had, to come out here and see these kids and all their happy faces. The area was quite a poor area and most of the kids travelled in from some of the even poorer areas, and to see these kids laughing, smiling and having such a great time was so nice to see. With all the troubles they face at the end of the day they are kids, and they just want to have fun and play, I hope that with the good teachers they have they are given all the opportunities possible and stay on the right track.

After the crèche we went to the learning centre where we caught up with Azille and Lourens, Azille has asked us to do another computer class along with the 1 we already have, of course we agreed but a few peach biscuits and the offer of going for a drink when we go out next weekend sweetened the deal. We then spoke to Lourens about our planned tourist trips, he has decided against taking us to a cheetah farm and instead offered to take us out to see some of the nicer areas and to take us out for lunch. We were slightly disappointed by not going to the cheetah farm as it looked quite cool but Lourens has assured us this trip will be full of nice views, some great places to visit and some good food so we are looking forward to it. We also discussed Robben Island, it's a place me and Harry have wanted to go and see, it's supposed to be an 'experience' and I dont think I could come all this way and not go over there. Lourens is hoping to make it happen and I hope it does, I think we would both be gutted if we missed out.

We then headed to Drommedaris, we were supposed to be setting up space for a library, unfortunately the books hadn't arrived but we cleared out the room anyway. Just as we were leaving Harry's little girlfriend arrived, by that I mean the 8 year old Inam, the girl that had sent him a Valentine's Day card. He hadn't seen her for a few weeks so it was an emotional reunion. 

We then headed back to Ruyterwacht where we trained with Densel and the other boys, after being disappointed with Saturday's short cameo I was out to prove a point. I really want to get involved on a Saturday and as the teams that would need us for coaching or refereeing haven't been turning up the only other thing I can do is play. I know I'm not the best but it'd be nice to get involved. Me and Harry were on different teams in training and even with a player less his team was far better, I ran and I ran, I was exhausted by the end, it was a great workout but hard work. Bring on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment