Monday 2 March 2015

Day 40

Nearly at the half way point. Tomorrow we will have exactly 6 weeks to go until we leave, Wednesday is the half way point and Thursday marks 6 weeks since our arrival.

As much as I've enjoyed the coaching, the weather, the people we've met along the way and the places we've visited tomorrow the count down is on. Closer to being home than when we left. 

Again this morning I woke to find a note from Harry so I got myself ready and went down to meet him. We had planned for a lazy morning and then a touristy afternoon. We checked our to do list and everything has either been done or booked or needed advanced booking. So I went back to the tourist books of things to do I had with me, lots of beaches and museums seemed like the best bet. There are some other attractions away from town but public transport doesn't seem to go that way, I'd like to visit Stellenbosch, I think that's how you spell it, there seems to be a lot to do in that area and it's also where the uni is, unfortunately I can't see how to get there without driving. Will have to ask around about trains etc. We've also both said that we are going to avoid taxis as well, we've seen how they drive and we've heard some stories so we decided we'd give them a miss. 

Harry was told by Azille that today is the hottest day of the year, so a day frying in the sun on a beach was off the agenda. Fortunately I take after my mum and don't seem to burn too badly in the sun except for my nose for some reason, anyone that's seen me will know that after any small bit of sun I walk around looking like Rudolph. But Harry being a stereotypical ginger, not being rude it's kind of fact  that the redder the hair the easier you burn, Tina, my girlfriend also suffers from red head sunburn, wasn't to keen on sitting on a beach. He also didn't fancy a trip to a museum, and not wanting to spend money just walking around shops left us with not much to do. 

Harry went back to bed and I lazed about, catching up on my book and just chilling out. Luckily as of next week both our Sunday's and Monday's have been planned and we've booked up some things to do. Back to tourists next week instead of lazy Brits abroad that can't handle the heat. 

Would just like to say it was 41 degrees here in Cape Town today. I've spent most of the day sitting in the sun with a cool drink and my book, Harry has missed most of the day which is a shame but he has caught up on some sleep which I'm sure he is pleased with.  As much as I would have liked to have gone out and been busy today, there hasn't been many days where I've been able to just sit down in the sun and chill out. It's the small things that can make a day. I know we should probably be making more of our days off but as long as our to do list is completed, and it's quite a long list, by the time I go home I'll be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment