Saturday 28 February 2015

Day 38

Today was the start of the Communicare action soccer league. A 5 a side tournament between different areas in Cape Town, Ruyterwacht have a team, Woodstock has a team, Bothasig and Drommedaris also have teams. We found out early that Bothasig couldn't make it today and alstroemerias found out Joe had issues with getting the Ruyterwacht teams to Brooklyn where the games would take place.

Me and Harry went to Joe's picked up the girls team dropped them off and then I went and got the senior team while Harry helped with the girls. The girls drew 1-1 against the Drommedaris girls we coached yesterday, I was quite disappointed to miss this game as we had coached both teams. The boys then won a friendly 6-4, Harry and I both got on the pitch for this game, Harry scored a hat trick, and while I was on the pitch we didn't concede so both had some success. They then took on Adnans coaches team in a competitive game, we think the ref lost count but he gave the result as an 8-8 draw, I'm not convinced but oh well. 

 That was us done and we dropped off a few of the girls and headed home. After a quick change we went down to Mixas to watch the Man U game, over here we get near enough all English games on TV  which explains why everyone supports an English team over here. I predicted a 2-0 United win and Rooney first goal scorer so I was happy with the result but I think I'd prefer to be wrong and United lost, another dodgy ref decision as well. After a few drinks we headed back, it's been a few long days, late nights and early mornings that are catching up on us. I also think Saturday nights over here are overrated, Thursday's and Sunday's seem to be the nights to go out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment