Wednesday 28 January 2015

Day 7

Firstly don't forget to read yesterday's I've only just put it on but it's probably 1of our best days so far and there's some photos as well. (Trying not to bore everyone on Facebook with 100s of photos)

So on to today, a very quiet day really, we had to be at the Learning Centre for 10 and as predicted it was me who had to drive in as Harry didn't want to take blame for getting lost. I'll admit it I missed my turn off, but I also found my way without being late which was a bonus. I don't know how we ended up where we did but I'm pleased that it was a place we had driven before and that we could recognise. A few people have said how easy it is to take a wrong turn or miss a turn but how it's easy to find another route. Coming home was easy, just head towards the mountain and you're going the right way, getting there is harder but we did it.

After spending some time discussing the week, our trip and some other things we was introduced to Ozzy (can't quite remember his name but I know it was Oz/Ozzy something, sorry). He runs a transport company and takes tourists up and down the country, we were told he could help us with any day trips we want to do. We will definitely be sitting down with him at some point, Harry wants to go cage diving (I'll give that a miss) and I'd like to go to a game reserve and do some sort of African Safari before I leave so hopefully we can organise that as soon as.

We were then taken out by Azille, she took us with her to pick up some bits and drop off some other stuff. She told us she would take us on a hike up table mountain which we are really looking forward to, if you look at any of our pictures it's right there, you can't get much closer to the mountain without being on it so leaving without going up it would be a waste. Azille also mentioned going wine tasting which would be different but would be a nice experience. Before heading back she took us to see where we would be coaching tomorrow, and then after hearing we hadn't tried biltong yet she took us straight to the butchers. Biltong is dried out meat mainly beef I believe, which is then salted, spiced and cut up and to snack sized bits, if I'm honest and I mean no offence it doesn't look overly appetising, but as a snack it wasn't bad, bit salty but not bad. So thank yo Azille.

This afternoon we had an open afternoon type thing with some of the locals, basically letting them know we was here but also letting them know about the learning centre, I think Joe was slightly disappointed with the turn out but I feel we connected with those that did turn up, even those that were disappointed we wasn't  Arsene Wenger himself. Community is so important especially in these areas so I hope we can help out along the way.

We had a nice easy journey home, not the quickest route but the 1 we know so that was good. 

Anyway after yesterday's blog was late today's is early. Have a good evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment